Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Decisions

Seriously, anyone living in the Northeast will side with me - snow blows.

Decision has been made, and while it's mildly heartbreaking, Europe will not be happening next week only because I have so much to do and such a short deadline to do it. There will be plenty of text pics sent to make up for it (nothing makes up for the real thing, let's be honest), and a possible secondary excursion will probably be planned eventually once the book thing either quiets down or hopefully takes off. Soccer hottie is also getting a (now mailed) gift, which includes an original chapter and his shout out in the author's note. I think it's time he knew how much of an um...influence....he was in the book. The chapter he's getting is not the chapter that will be in the book - but it's the original chapter I wrote after I found out he "had just started seeing someone" (like 6 months after the fact). It's one of those things that I think he'll value. It's us, in a fucked up nut shell, and it's pretty funny.

I adore soccer hottie, I do...but the girlfriend thing is a lot of baggage. I don't do guilt. Neither does he, apparently, but...for once in my life, I decided to let my head, not my vagina, guide the way. I have enough fun with him via BBM. Shit's good enough for now. I don't think he's going to marry this chick - if he does, God help her (or maybe him, considering). So when things come back around, or he comes stateside, I'll be good to go. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not worried.

Am mildly disappointed he won't be seeing one of the 47 pairs of new panties I bought last month though. At least not this month.

Don't hate me. Love me when the book gets finished earlier because of this. :)

Also - thanks to all who gave their two cents. Gave me lots to consider, seriously, I appreciated the feedback. Made me feel not entirely ridiculous when I came to the decision.

3 comments:

  1. Prose before Bros. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Courtney! lol

    You made the right decision. Doesn't it holy suck to have to be an adult sometimes and do what's needed instead of what's good and fun? I hate those kinds of decisions and yet I tend to do the "right" thing too...

    now go bust your ass and get this book done hooker! I'm ready to read it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to make it up to soccer hottie. Also, it gives you something to look forward to for when you finish your book - you can take a celebration trip!

    ReplyDelete