Thursday, January 13, 2011

Losers Who Look Good Doing It?

Holy fuck, I forgot how incredibly terrible mornings are....and people really ask me "are you sure you want to give up the potential of having a normal 9-5 job?" Who the fuck wants to get up at 6:20 in the morning? Seriously? I roll out of bed at like 11am on a normal day and I probably make more money than people with their masters who work for Barclays. WHAT? I'm just saying...

Anyway, I'm naked in a towel (don't get too excited, I look like a 4 year old without makeup you shady pedos), but I'm going to quickly post what I thought was a cool ad on Nike's part.

So the Oregon Ducks (tied for most non-threatening mascot with my Terps) lost the BCS Championship game to Auburn last week. I was cheering for Oregon because I like their colors better (yes, this is how I determine team choices when it's not a team I already like - color coordination), so I was a little sad that they lost. Plus, they lost to a team from Alabama, I mean, it's fucking Alabama, of course those fuckers win in football. Jesus. Anyway, despite the loss, Nike still used them for a pretty sweet ad and if you haven't seen it, here it is:



My buddy Dan over at Sportsgrid did a good job summing up the whole idea. AKA he wasn't really sure what the fuck the point of it was either, but I suspect they chose Oregon not because of alumni connections or anything like that, but because green looks so much better than BLUE AND ORANGE. See, I'm not the only one who shows support based on team colors. Billion dollar corporations do, too.

Yeah, I know, I'm fucking exhausted, but I thought this was a good way to throw the first soft pitch. I have the Rangers/Canucks game (LUONGO!!) tonight, I gotta pace my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment