Friday, January 21, 2011

Tit for Tat

Yeah, true story Bethany, gotta list the worst personalities.

I have a very strange love/hate relationship with lacrosse. A lot of it has to do with the shit I put up with in college, and some of it has to do with the fact that I find lacrosse players EVERYWHERE still to this day. I've had my ups and downs. Relationships and one night stands, breakups and like, "who the fuck's bed am I in?" moments. In college, looking back at almost 25 now, I have to say they could be dicks. Not all, but many. And some still have that dbag attitude. That "I was popular for 8 years of my life" outlook when they don't realize that post college they've gained 27 lbs and it's ALL IN THE FACE. Yeah. So while I love laxers, I also have a bit of a "dude, get the fuck over yourself" outlook on them. They can be super entitled.

Baseball players sadly take the next cake. A lot of this had to do with my ex, which I guess is bias just as bad as saying my ex laxer was one of the better personalities. But he was hard to deal with. One of those fucked up situations where we just should NOT have been together but we pushed it out anyway? He was very anal and very organized, and I do not fit in that world. He used to scream at me for leaving like, a little bit of milk or water in my glass at night/in the morning. Baseball players definitely are very involved in their careers but can be total fuck ups and VERY entitled (this isn't really my ex's MO, but a lot of his teammates I met). They come from bumblefuck Idaho and suddenly think the world is owed to them in terms of everything. I've gotten in a few fights with dudes who play ball (screaming matches, not fights) and they can be dicks. And fighting with them is always a waste of time because they're usually straight off the farm and have a vocabulary that consists of like, 54 words. So as much as I love baseball, their players have been on my shitlist for a while. I've also seen some seriously weird cases of infidelity, and while I said a while back soccer takes the cake on the frequency of cheating, baseball takes the cake on the fucked up and dbaggy ways they do it, and the excuses they pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment