Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yankee Bitch Humility

Lots of rumors about The Jetes and Minka. It's funny, I used to like her because I love Friday Night Lights (seriously one of the most underrated shows on TV). And she's in 500 Days of Summer, so that gave her some credit, no matter how small her part was and now matter how badly she acted it (true story). But recently, she's gotten on my nerve, and the attitude has got to go.

She told GQ Magazine she "swore she wasn't getting married in the next month". So that probably means like, the next 36 days. I hate coy people like that.

As for the incident that made a little press last year about her getting in a fight with an airline about her dog, she had this to say:


"Do people think that somewhere in my brain, I think Derek can save me from someone telling me my dog can't fly?" she wonders. "If that's the way I worked, he would have left me a long time ago."

Dude, get over yourself. You haven't done anything of note since you were Lyla fucking Garrity, aka you were a 29 year old playing a 17 year old cheerleader from Texas. Love FNL, but this whole "I'm important" thing is ridiculous. You weren't exactly winning awards for your performance.

I understand people get snippy with the media and the paps. I'm not even ankle deep in it, and i get annoyed when people say things that aren't true or insult me or make up shit. But still, her answer is so.....self important. She could have used the question to come off as a kind of funny, "blow it off" kind of way that still showed that shit wasn't true and that it didn't bother her. In that quote, you can almost HEAR her getting snippy with the dude doing the interview. Like, side eyeing his ass and then being like "THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER".


Look, she's a hot piece, she's got a bangin' body and Jeter has stuck it out with her for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if she landed the rock. But at the same time, I feel like if she starts coming out as this rude, self important bitch (with nothing to show for it, no less), it's not like Jeter is short on women. Dude's going to marry perfection. All it comes down to. He's had a long fucking time to play the field (literally). He's had some seriously hot women in their day. And all I'm saying, is show some humility, Mink. You are currently famous BECAUSE of Jeter. You are being invited to things BECAUSE of Jeter. I am the only fucking loser who sits in on a Friday night and WATCHES Friday Night Lights. And trust me, it isn't for you, it's for Tim Riggins # 33.

1 comment:

  1. Totally coy, right?? I read the article and I was like, come on!

    Sidebar-I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE FNL and Tim Riggins (although I think Taylor Kitsch is starting to show some receding hairline, but whatevs). I only wish it was done on Direct TV (or is it Dish?) so that I could see the final season on NBC...which I think should be happening soon.

    ReplyDelete