Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Questions and Updates

Alright, for all you fuckers (I clearly mean that in a loving way) who sent me feedback and even more so links and such about self publishing and e-books, THANK YOU. You have given me SO much to consider.

As of right now, this is what I am considering. However, I clearly want to know how you guys would feel about it since you have stuck by me these past couple months.

I am considering doing the e-book version. I have talked it over with my mother, believe it or not. As much as I boycotted fiction with the agent from Simon and Schuster, putting the word "novel" on it and changing certain dates and teams is a way for me to avoid having to pay a shitload of money to have the manuscript(s) edited by an entertainment lawyer. Also keeps my ass from getting sued for libel. What I would promise you, is unlike the Simon and Schuster dude's opinions, this would be fiction based on true events. It'd be my voice and the writing you guys have come to either love or hate. AKA it's a loophole for me to cover my own ass and not screw the guys over as well, keeping the peace on all sides.

I would do a four book series dealing with each sport, possibly a 5th book dealing with what happens when I try to date away from sports. Again, because I wouldn't have to worry about the editors from a house criticizing the story and shit, it can be kept VERY real because it's on my own terms.

I know not everyone has a Kindle, which hurts me. I want you guys to have access to the books, and what I'm hoping for is eventually if the books succeeds on Amazon and B&N, they will get picked up by a house and printed.

Look, you fuckers have been through all of this with me. I don't want to disappoint you. But I also don't want to linger and continue having nerdy assholes and fat women tell me my book is no good. I am not writing for the money. I'd be fucked if I were. I started all this because I think the stories are pretty fucking funny and I thought people would appreciate them. I like to write. End of story. So without you, it's meaningless.

Feedback via comments and e-mail avidly welcome. Thanks kiddos.

6 comments:

  1. I will email you an interesting article about ebook publishing this afternoon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you do Kindle AND e-book? Unfortunately I do not have a Kindle, and prefer paper books, but I have purchased e-books before.

    Could you write it as non-fiction but use a pen name? I guess it's a little late for that since you have posted it here before...hmmmm....

    I think going for the e-book first, see how that goes, then maybe for the Kindle, then print?

    Your only other option at this point would be to wait and see if you can get picked up for articles from online or print mags, and then try again...

    Not sure if any of this is helpful, but just wanted to let you know that I will read it no matter what - even if I have to borrow a Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, you can download a free nook for your computer and buy ebooks that will get automatically downloaded to it. I'd definately buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a kindle, sounds like a great plan to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That actually sounds kind of exciting! I have a Nook so I'm down if it's going to be available as an e-book from B&N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I'll be downloading my first ebook...

    ReplyDelete